Activities relating to maintaining and taking care of trees can be a tough and dangerous thing to dwell in. Hiring a professional tree service company to take care of these tasks is the only option you have if you’re not highly skilled in the field. However, choosing the best company for the job also needs thorough research to make sure who you’re dealing with can make the job as clean, safe and efficient as possible. For these and many other reasons, you need to know how to find the best so read on to find out.
- Look for credentials and licensure. Credentials and licenses are very important especially if the service needs handling of heavy equipment. A company can do a lot of damage and can be a hazard to you and your property if its employees aren’t properly trained, so check into the company’s credentials. Find out if the company is licensed.
- Check into the company’s insurance. A company without adequate insurance coverage is an establishment that you don’t want working anywhere near your home. You want to guarantee that the company has: liability insurance which ensures will cover the expenses the instance it causes damage to your home or possessions, and worker’s compensation insurance which protects both you and the company’s employees by covering any injury that an employee sustains while working on your property. This also helps you be protected from a lawsuit if anything should happen while the company is cutting trees. Check out Tree Service Vancouver businesses as an example.
- Employee training. You want a company that hires workers with many years of experience performing this type of service so inquire if there is an arborist on staff and ask about the employees’ backgrounds. If you do your homework before you hire a tree service, you can be comfortable knowing you have knowledgeable professionals to take care of your property.
- Inquire about the equipment used. You want to make sure that the company has all the needed equipment for the job. Communicate exactly what you need to be done to the best of your ability. The company may not even take on your particular job if it needs a special type of equipment that it doesn’t have.
- Get an estimate. Always get an estimate on the job and be sure that it’s in print. This is very important because some companies may make a quick buck at your expense and may charge you additional fees for services that you didn’t want.
- Ask for referrals. This is just good common sense. It is a must to ask the company for referrals from customers who had similar work done. You’re entitled to know what to expect and how other people felt about the services provided.
- Compare the services offered. Although stump grinding may be extra, some companies don’t provide this service at all if it doesn’t have the necessary equipment. Additionally, if the company doesn’t have access to a crane, it may not be able to do work above a certain height. This is especially important if tall trees populate your property.